Thursday, May 5, 2011

Who Would Want To Play With Diapers?!


When I think about all of the things that are fun about having a baby, diaper changing is not one of them. Actually, diaper changing might be at the top of my “Things That Aren’t Fun About Having A Baby,” list. Yes, I get excited about Luvs coupons – but that’s because I like to save money, not because a stinky diaper is my idea of a good time.

But for whatever reason, toy manufacturers seem to think that there’s something really enjoyable about changing a diaper – which is obvious when you look at how many diaper-changing toys are out there.
A search for “Diaper” in the Amazon.com toy store turns up a staggering 1500 results, including Zhu Zhu pets in diapers, Barbies that change diapers, dolls that wet themselves, prank dirty diapers, and mini toy babies that come in their very own diaper bag carrying case.

I don’t know who is coming up with this stuff, but I guess there are a lot of kids out there who want to play grown-up – even if that means changing diapers. I guess it’s no crazier than the toy washing machine I had as a kid – I loved washing my sleeping beauty dress in the Fisher Price washer/dryer due two decades ago, and I really hate doing laundry now. It’s funny, really – the things that are so boring to kids, like Luvs coupons and shopping, are fun for adults. And the things adults dread most seem really fun to kids. Can you think of other things like this – that you loved to lay when you were little, but hate now? 

No comments:

Post a Comment