Sunday, July 24, 2011

Cali Paper Celebrates Extraordinary Pets


I read a lot of celebrity profiles in magazines, but none are as memorable as the adorable Pet Profile I came across online the other day. It’s out of a local online newspaper in Newark, CA, where every week they celebrate a different begin strips loving, tail-wagging, slightly-slobbery best friend. I wish my paper at home did this! My dog would definitely get his 15 minutes of fame.

         Anyway, the profile I read was especially amazing because it was about a border collie mix named Press who is totally blind! Press owners adopted him when he was just three years old, and in the eleven years they’ve been family, Press’s parents have been amazed by how mobile he is. He even roams around the neighborhood and uses his sense of smell to get home! According to the pet profile, Press’ favorite activities are lounging on the sofa “like an old man,” barking at random sounds, and sleeping underneath beds. His favorite toys are golf balls and his favorite treats are begin strips and taco meat mixed with watermelon (ew?). My dog may not be that quirky, but he’s definitely photogenic so he’d look good in his portrait! If you line in the Newark area and have an interesting pet you’d like to see in the paper, e-mail nika.megino@patch.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment