Sunday, June 26, 2011

YUM! Copycat Arby's Sauce Recipe


                   
       I’ve heard that Arby’s has had trouble keeping up with other fast food chains in the competitive arena of the economic marketplace, but I think they could help keep themselves in the black if they bottled their sauces. As a kid I’d always choose Arby’s when my mom let me have fast food, and I thought I really loved their chicken fingers – but as it turns out, I really liked the Arby’s sauce (and the curly fries, if I’m being totally honest). That stuff is good on sandwiches and chicken and fries and eggs and you name it – I know this because every time I go in and use Arbys coupons I grab about a million packets of Arbys sauce, so I have enough to bring home for later.

Until they decide to sell Arby’s sauce by the bottle, I’ve decided it’s better for me to make my own Arby’s sauce than get banned from my local restaurant for being a sauce thief. This recipe is pretty darn close to the real thing, and it keeps for a couple of weeks.


INGREDIENTS:
            1 cup ketchup
            ½ teaspoons Tabasco
            2 teaspoons water
            ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
            ¼ teaspoon onion powder
            ¼ teaspoon salt
            ¼ teaspoon pepper
To make the sauce, just mix all the ingredients in a saucepan and cook over medium heat for 5-10 minutes, stirring constantly until the sauce comes to a boil. Remove from heat and let cool before enjoying – I bet you won’t be able to tell the difference between this and the stuff you get with Arbys coupons!

No comments:

Post a Comment