Tuesday, June 7, 2011

How To Pick The Right Car Battery


I’m automotively inept. I know basically nothing about my car, apart from how to drive it and put gas in it. Usually, that’s okay – but recently, my car’s battery died, and I was forced to increase my knowledge of auto mechanics (albeit in a minimal way). I began searching online for DieHard battery coupons (in this economy, I figured I could save money on the battery and have my boyfriend replace it for free!) – and I realized that buying a battery for a car isn’t as easy as buying batteries for the TV remote control. Luckily, DieHard has a “Battery Selector” tool on their site – it’s super easy to use, and it only takes a few minutes to find out which battery is best for your car.

         You selected the make, model, and V8 speed of your car to get started, and then the battery selector prompts you to answer a variety of questions about your driving habits and the climate you live in. I had no idea that a person who lives in Alaska might need a different car battery than a person with the same type of car who lives in Alabama – I guess you learn something new every day. Apparently, cold weather conditions need more cranking power, while heat and vibration are leading causes of battery breakdown – and DieHard makes batteries specifically to withstand these kinds of conditions. There are other factors that affect your battery needs – for example, a person who makes many short trips a day (calling all soccer moms) will wear down the life of their battery more quickly than those who go on fewer long trips.
         When you’ve answered all the questions, the tool will tell you which battery you ought to buy, where to get it, and what its best features are. Once you’ve found your perfect battery, don’t forget to print these DieHard Battery coupons, which will save you money regardless of which battery best fits your needs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment