Sunday, April 10, 2011

Frosted Flakes Ice Cream: Childhood Dreams Do Come True!


               When I was little, I loved two things: Frosted Flakes and ice cream. Had my mother negligently allowed me to subsist on these sweet delights alone, I would have spent my formative years on a constant sugar buzz. We would’ve gone through even more Frosted Flakes coupons and made more Baskin-Robbins visits if I’d had my way, but it was definitely for the best that my parents were health-conscious. Over the past couple of decades, I’ve actually learned to like vegetables and fruits – through my nostalgic fondness for ice cream and those sweet sugary flakes of corn remains.

         Imagine my delight when I found out that a Brooklyn man is making one of my childhood dreams come true – his all-homemade ice cream shop in Prospect Heights, Brooklyn is opening this month, and one of the featured flavors is something called Breakfast Trash – made with Captain Crunch, Sugar Corn Pops, and Frosted Flakes.

         If you live in New York, you can enjoy this and other made-from scratch artisanal flavors like stout ‘n pretzels (beer and chocolate covered pretzel ice cream), maple bacon (the name says it all), and peppermint patty (peppermint ice cream with homemade peppermint patties and a ribbon on chocolate ganache) at Ample Hills Creamery beginning summer 2011. IF you aren’t lucky enough to live within a subway ride’s distance from this cie cream mecca, you might try your hand at creating your own ice cream al home – all you need is an ice cream maker, a good arm for cranking and some Frosted Flakes coupons to whip up your own “Breakfast Trash,” which sounds very tasty despite its name.

No comments:

Post a Comment